- Pre-School Storytime – is not meeting at this time.
- Grow A Reader Our program is open all all children who have not started kindergarten. Once enrolled, you will receive a Reading Log. Please record each book that is read to your child. After 1000 books are read, your child will receive a certificate of completion and a copy of Mo Willem’s book “Don’t Let the Pigeon Finish This Activity Book”. Information bags are available at the circulation desk. We hope this program will encourage you and your children to visit the library regularly and to have fun reading together, planting the seeds for a lifelong love of reading.
Nexen Meeting Room or Study Room Not available at this time
Craft Group Not meeting at this time
Book Club Ask the Library Director about our Book Clubs.
Friends of the Library
- The Friends of the Library mission statement is “to promote literacy for all ages, provide support for the library and to encourage the entire community to know and use its valuable resources.”
- The Friends provide funds for book purchases and to further the library’s early childhood literacy program, “Grow a reader.”
- The Friends hold a used book sale on the 2nd Saturday of every month, which gets books into the community at very moderate prices.
- The Friends host and provide books for a Children’s Book Fair the 2nd Saturday in August. Children under the age of 10 each receive a free book.
- The Friends support local authors with presentations & readings.
- The Friends meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month,1 p.m. New members welcome.
Library Closed Dates
- The library is closed on: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, and Christmas Day.
- A photocopy machine is available to patrons who wish to copy materials. Remember there are restrictions on copyrighted materials Copyright. U.S. Copyright law (Title 17 US Code). Any violation of copyright is the responsibility of the copy machine user.
- The charge a single copy is $.25 per page for black and white, and $.50 for color.
- The charge for printing documents from the Internet is $.25 per page.
- We now have PRINCH, a wireless printing service/
- There is no charge for scanning services.
- The charge for faxing is $1.00 for the first page and $.25 for any following pages.
- The library provides workstations and WiFi, free public access to the Internet as an informational, educational and recreational resource. By choosing to use this free wireless service, you agree to abide by the library’s computer policy.
- A library card is required for the use of the computers. Library cards are not transferable between patrons; the patron using the computer must use his/her own card and not anyone else’s. Guest cards are available to patrons who do not have a registered library card.
Talking Book and Braille Library
The Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library (WTBBL) provides audio and braille of books, magazines, and newspapers, as well as audio-described DVDs and videos to people living in Wisconsin who cannot see regular print or handle print materials.